Professor of Computer Science
Director of Academic Compliance
Dr. Nashat Mansour is a professor of computer science and the Director of Academic Compliance. He was the dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and is currently an advisor to the Lebanese prime minister. He is also the president of the Arab Computer Society. His research interests include software engineering, applications of meta-heuristics, and bioinformatics.
- Three-Phase Heuristics for Curriculum Based Course Timetabling. Submitted to International Journal of Applied Artificial Intelligence (with Hanaa El-Jazzar)
- Metaheuristic Algorithm for State-Based Software Testing. Applied Artificial Intelligence Journal. Taylor&Francis, Vol. 32, Issue 2, pp. 197-213, 2018 (equal contribution with Ramzi Haraty and Hratch Zeitunlian)
- Regression Test Cases Prioritization Using Clustering and Code Change Relevance. Int. Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 05, pp. 733-768, 2016 (with R. Haraty, L. Moukahal, I. Khalil).
- MMLD based Genetic algorithm for tag SNP selection. Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, Vol. 6, 1-9, 2014, Springer (with A. Mouawad).
- Ab initio Protein Structure Prediction: Methods and Challenges. Book Chapter in Biological Knowledge Discovery Handbook: Preprocessing, Mining and Postprocessing of Biological Data, M. Elloumi and A. Y. Zomaya (Eds.), IEEE-Wiley, New Jersey, 2014 (with J. Abbass and J.-C. Nebel).
- Particle swarm optimization approach for protein structure prediction in the 3D HP model. Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, 4, 1-11, 2012, Springer (with F. Kanj, H. Khachfe).
- UML based regression testing for OO software. Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2011, 51-68. (with H. Takkoush, A. Nehme).
- Scatter search technique for exam timetabling. Applied Intelligence, Vol. 34, No. 2, 2011, 299-310 (with V. Isahakian, I. Ghalayini).
- Scatter search algorithm for protein structure prediction. International Journal of Bioinformatics Research and Applications, 5(5), 2009, 501-515. (with C. Kehyayan, H. Khachfe).
- Data generation for path testing. Software Quality Journal, Vol. 12, 2004, 121-136. (with M. Salame).
- Simulated annealing and genetic algorithms for optimal regression testing. Journal of Software Maintenance, 11(1), 1999, 19-34. (with K. Fakih).
- Parallel physical optimization algorithms for allocating data to multicomputer nodes. The Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 8, 1994, 53-80. (with G. Fox).
- PhD in Computer Science, 1992, Syracuse University, US.
- MS in Computer Engineering, 1990, Syracuse University, US.
- MES in Electrical Engineering, 1983, University of New South Wales, Australia.
- BE in Electrical Engineering, 1980, University of New South Wales, Australia.