Part-time Co-ordinator for the“NewGen Fellowship” Project
The Lebanese American University (LAU) is leading a consortium of Lebanon-based universities on a project funded by the Arab Council of Social Sciences (ACSS), titled “Towards a New Generation of Social Scientists in the Arab World”. The program was launched in January 2020 and concluded its first phase successfully. The ACSS have renewed it for a further 2 years starting January 2022. The program’s aim is to foster a new and larger generation of social scientists integrated into regional networks. One of the characateristic components of this program is mentorship and training scheme under the name “A New Generation of Social Scientists in the Arab Region”: “NewGen Fellowship”.
The Objectives of the NewGen fellowship are to:
- Help develop a new generation of social scientists who are committed to critical scholarship and research, teaching and mentorship, and public engagement;
- Support excellent students in the social sciences at the BA, MA and PhD levels by offering innovative coursework and opportunities for trainings, mentorship, internships and networking;
- Create an institutional network that will support students nationally and regionally and will facilitate knowledge transfer and sharing across the region.
The Consortium of Lebanon-based universities includes:
- Lebanese American University – Leading partner
- The Lebanese University
- The University of Saint Joseph
- Balamand University
- The American University of Beirut
We are seeking a Co-ordinator who will take the lead in organising the activities of the fellows, liaising with partner universities in Lebanon and with their counterparts in Egypt and Tunisia where parallel programs are being delivered.
The role is offered on a part-time basis, 5-7 hours per week, over a period of 2 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Co-ordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure that, over a 2-year period, organize and manage the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated set of curated activities comprising research, trainings, workshops, online courses, mentorship, networking, exposure and other curated development opportunities.
In addition, the Co-ordinator will
- contribute to the selection of the “NewGen fellows”.
- work closely with the Project Sponsor to ensure that the deployment of resources is efficient, and in line with the University’s financial and practical guidelines.
- work closely with ACSS to design and deliver the fellowship activities. They will interact directly with students to deliver the guidance and support required for a successful journey through the various components of the program as set by the terms of reference of the project agreement.
- be responsible for driving the fellowship program in Lebanon and for its day-to-day implementation as it relates to students at their university and other participating campuses in the country.
- liaise with the university-appointed administrator to collect and analyze student data and information that serves to monitor and evaluate the participants’ level of participation and achievement.
- report to the University Steering Group and provide updates as requested.
- Submit an up to date CV, and an expression of interest where you outline your suitability for the role, and your ambitions for undertaking it, to Dean.email@example.com
- the email should be labelled with the Subject: NextGen Coordinator role, and addressed to the Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Application Deadline: 30 November 2021, at 12 noon