Mission and Vision
The School of Arts and Sciences’ ultimate mission is to educate students, advance scholarly inquiry and contribute positively to the advancement of the common good. We fulfill this mission by:
- Delivering an educational offer that is relevant, innovative and responsive to the exigencies of the professional and social environments in which we live;
- Preparing each student to participate constructively in the challenges of the future;
- Nurturing the academic potential and emotional intelligence of our students
- Promoting ethical and socially responsible scientific research;
- Championing creative and artistic endeavor;
- Establishing local and global partnerships with private and public enterprises
- Contributing to the sustainability of our economies, industries and communities through stewardship initiatives that involve faculty, staff and students.
This mission statement translates into a unique Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum and a suite of competitive and academically robust discipline programs. A shared goal for all our programs is to deliver education that is student-centered, locally-relevant with a global outlook, and of accredited international standards.