Associate Professor of Computer Science
Dr. Azzam Mourad is an associate professor of computer science, and was the associate chairperson at the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics. Dr. Mourad is an adjunct/affiliate associate professor at Ecole de Technology Supérieure of the University of Québec. He holds a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Concordia University, Canada and an MSc in Computer Science from Laval University, Québec, Canada.
Research Interests and Projects
He is leading several research projects and has published more than 85 research papers in international peer-reviewed books, journals and conferences on Security Modeling and Resource Management in Emerging Technologies such as Cloud Computing, Fog Computing, Edge Computing, Internet of Things and Federated Learning, Cybersecurity, Mobile and Wireless Network Security, VANET, and Semantics-Based Security Analysis.
Awards and Grants
Dr. Mourad received several national and international research grants and won a number of prestigious and merit awards for his research work in the last couple of years including the LAU research excellent award 2017. He supervised to successful completion two PhD and 18 Master’s students and several undergraduate projects at LAU, Concordia University, ETS Montreal and Lebanese University. He is currently co-supervising one Postdoctoral Fellow, five PhD students and one Master’s student at LAU, Concordia University (Canada) and ETS Montreal (Canada).
He is a senior IEEE member, associate editor for the IEEE Network, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, IET Quantum Communication, general chair of IWCMC 2020, TPC member of several prestigious conferences and technical reviewer of several highly ranked journals. He served as associate editor for IEEE Communications Letter, general co-chair of WiMob2016 and track/workshop/publicity chairs of several IEEE conferences.
- Vehicular-OBUs-As-On-Demand-Fogs: Resource and Context Aware Deployment of Containerized Micro-Services. In the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2019, IEEE.
- Dynamic On-Demand Fog Formation Offering On-The-Fly IoT Service Deployment. In the IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 2019, IEEE.
- Cloud Federation Formation Using Genetic and Evolutionary Game Theoretical Models. In the Future Generation Computer Systems Journal, 2019, Elsevier.
- A Novel Ad-Hoc Mobile Edge Cloud Offering Security Services through Intelligent Resource-Aware Offloading. In the IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 2019, IEEE.
- Resource-Aware Detection and Defense System Against Multi-Type Attacks in the Cloud: Repeated Bayesian Stackelberg Game. In the IEEE transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2019, IEEE.
- On the Detection of Passive Malicious Provider in Cloud Federations. In the IEEE Communications Letter, 23 (1): 64-67, 2019, IEEE
- Selective Mobile Cloud Offloading to Augment Multi-Persona Performance and Viability. In the IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 7(2): 314-328, 2019, IEEE
- A Novel On-Demand Vehicular Sensing Framework for Traffic Condition Monitoring. In the Vehicular Communications Journal, 12: 165-178, 2018, Elsevier
- Optimal Load Distribution for the Detection of VM-Based DDOS Attacks in the Cloud. In the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 2017, IEEE.
- SBA-XACML: Set-Based Approach Providing Efficient Policy Decision Process for Accessing Web Services. In the Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, 42(1): 165-178, 2015, Elsevier.
- PhD in electrical and computer engineering, 2009, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- MSc in computer science, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
- BS in computer science, Notre Dame University, Lebanon