Associate Professor of Mathematics
Dr. Chadi Nour is an associate professor of mathematics in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics. He joined LAU as an assistant professor in 2005. Prior to that, he worked at Concordia University in Canada as an invited research professor, and at Université de Montreal in Canada as a CRM postdoctoral fellow. His principal research interests lie in the area of non-smooth analysis and its application in control theory.
He enjoys going to the gym and watching football games.
- V. Zeidan, C. Nour, H. Saoud, A nonsmooth maximum principle for a controlled nonconvex sweeping process, submitted.
- S. Chamoun, C. Nour, A nonlinear phi_0-convexity result for the bilateral minimal time function, Journal of Convex Analysis, to appear.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, A general result about inner regularization of sets, Journal of Convex Analysis, 27 (2020), No. 2, to appear.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, A new class of sets regularity, Journal of Convex Analysis, 25 (2018), No. 4, 1059-1074.
- C. Nour, H. Saoud, J. Takche, Regularization via sets satisfying the interior sphere condition, Journal of Convex Analysis, 25 (2018), No. 1, 1-19.
- C. Nour, New sufficient condition for the proto-Lipschitz continuity of the state constrained bilateral minimal time function, Journal of Nonlinear and Convex Analysis, 18 (2017), 12, pp. 2251-2261.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, Interior sphere condition for the graph of a multifunction, Set-Valued Var. Anal., 22 (2014), no. 2, 503-519.
- C. Nour, Proximal subdifferential of the bilateral minimal time function and some regularity applications, Journal of Convex Analysis, 20 (2013), No. 4, 1095-1112.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, On the psi-union of closed balls property, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 155 (2012), No. 2, 376-389.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern, J. Takche, Validity of the union of uniform closed balls conjecture, Journal of Convex Analysis, 18, No. 2, (2011), 589-600.
- PhD in Pure Mathematics, 2003, University Claude Bernard Lyon1, France
- MS in Pure Mathematics, University Claude Bernard Lyon1, France
- BS in Pure Mathematics, Lebanese University, Lebanon