Lecturer in Chemistry
Dr. Ghada Al-Kadamany earned her PhD in 2007 from Jacobs University in Bremen, Germany with distinction, where she did research in synthetic inorganic chemistry. She then joined the City University of New York, USA as a postdoctoral fellow with extra teaching duties. Before that, she graduated from the Lebanese University with a BS in chemistry and from the American University of Beirut with an MS degree in analytical chemistry.
Dr. Al-Kadamany spent over three years as an assistant professor in Saudi Arabia, after which she returned to Lebanon in 2017, where she acquired a vast teaching experience. In fall 2022, she was selected for a full-time position at LAU.
Dr. Al-Kadamany has passion for instilling into her students minds the beauty of scientific logic. She also enjoys reading, learning about philosophy, and playing tennis.
- Ali M., Jaghbir M., Salam M., Al-Kadamany G., Damsees R., Al-Rawashdeh N. Testing baby bottles for the presence of residual and migrated bisphenol A. Environ. Monit. Assess. 2018; 191(1); 7.
- Al-Kadamany G., Bassil B., Raad F., Kortz U. The Oxalato-Titanium-Containing Tungstophosphate(V) Dimers, [Ti8(C2O4)8P2W18O76(H2O)4]18− and [Ti6(C2O4)4P4W32O124]20−. J. Clust. Sci. 2014; 25; 867.
- Al-Kadamany G., Bassil B., Kortz U. Trimeric, Cyclic Ti10-Containing 27-Tungsto-3-Germanate [(α-Ti3GeW9O37OH)3(TiO3(OH2)3)]17-; C. R. Chimie, 2012, 15, 130-134.
- Al-Kadamany G., Mal S., Milev B., Donoeva B., Maksimovskaya R., Kholdeeva O. Kortz U. Hexa-Zirconium/Hafnium Containing Tungstoarsenates (III) and their oxidation catalysis properties. Chem. Eur. J. 2010; 16(39); 11797.
- Donoeva B., Trubitsina T., Al-Kadamany G., Kortz U., Kholdeeva O. Catalytic properties of the polyoxometalate [Ti2(OH)2As2W19O67(H2O)]8− in selective oxidations with hydrogen peroxide; Kinetics and Catalysis. 2010; 51(6); 843.
- Donoeva B., Trubitsina T., Antanova N., Carbo J., Poblet J., Al-Kadamany G., Kortz U., Kholdeeva O. Epoxidation of Alkenes with H2O2 Catalyzed by Dititanium-Containing 19-Tungstoarsenate (III): Experimental and Theoretical Studies; Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2010, 33, 5312-5317.
- Kholdeeva O., Donoeva B., Trubitsina T., Al-Kadamany G., Kortz U. Unique Catalytic Performance of the Polyoxometalate [Ti2(OH)2As2W19O67(H2O)]8-: The Role of 5-Coordinated Titanium in H2O2 Activation. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2009; 34; 5134.
- Bi L.H., Al-Kadamany G., Chubarova E., Dickman M., Chen L., Gopala D., Richards R., Keita B., Nadjo L., Jaensch H., Mathys G., Kortz U. Organo-Ruthenium Supported Heteropolytungstates: Synthesis, Structure, Electrochemistry, and Oxidation Catalysis. Inorg. Chem.; 2009; 48; 10068.
- Al-Kadamany G., Hussain F., Mal S., Dickman M., Leclerc-Laronz N., Marrot J., Cadot E., Kortz U. Cyclic Ti9 Keggin Trimers with Tetrahedral (PO4) or Octahedral (TiO6) Capping Groups. Inorg. Chem.; (Communication); 2008; 47(19); 8574.
- Chapter in the book “Regional Climate variability and its impacts in the Mediterranean area”. Saliba N.; Kouyoumdjian H.; Al Kadamany G. Springer Netherlands, 2007, p129.
- PhD, Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany
- MS, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- BS, Lebanese University, Lebanon