Non-Tenured Continuing Faculty Associate Professor of Mathematics
Dr. Jean Takche is a non-tenured continuing associate professor of mathematics in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics. He joined the Lebanese American University in 1990 as an assistant professor. He’s been a TL/MEPI Academic Coordinator since 2017. He was a staff advisor for USP/USAID from 2014 until 2018. He served in the University Senate from 2011 until 2014. He was a professor at the Lebanese University from 1985 until 1990.
Dr. Takche’s research interest was algebraic complexity, and he is now working in a different area, namely non-smooth analysis and its application to control theory.
He teaches Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Algebra, Applied Statistics, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
In his free time, he enjoys chess, bridge and listening to soft music.
Refereed International Journals
- C. Nour, J. Takche, A General Result about Inner Regularization of Sets, Journal of Convex Analysis, 27 (2020), No. 2, to appear.
- C. Nour, H. Saoud, J. Takche, Regularization via sets satisfying the interior sphere condition, Journal of Convex Analysis, 25 (2018), No. 1, 1-19.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, A New Class of Sets Regularity, Journal of Convex Analysis, 25 (2018), No. 4, 1059-1074.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, Interior sphere condition for the graph of a multifunction, Set-Valued Var. Anal. 22 (2014), no. 2, 503-519.
- C. Nour, J. Takche, On the psi-union of closed balls property, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 155 (2012), No. 2, 376-389.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern, J. Takche, Generalized exterior sphere conditions and phi-convexity, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems-A, 28 (2011), No. 2, 615-622.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern, J. Takche, Validity of the Union of Uniform Closed Balls Conjecture, Journal of Convex Analysis, 18, No. 2, (2011), 589-600.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern, J. Takche, The theta -exterior sphere condition, phi-convexity, and local semiconcavity, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, Volume 73, Issue 2 (2010), 573-589.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern, J. Takche, Proximal smoothness and the exterior sphere condition, Journal of Convex Analysis, 16 (2009), No. 2, 501-514.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern, J. Takche, The union of uniform closed balls conjecture, Control and Cybernetics, 38 (2009) No. 4B, 1525-1534.
- PhD in Mathematics from the Pennsylvania State University in 1984.
- CAPES in Mathematics from the Lebanese University in 1979.
- BS in Mathematics from the Lebanese University in 1978.