Marie Anne El-Khoury
Visiting Lecturer of Psychology
Dr. El-Khoury is a clinical psychologist, with a double Masters in biology and psychology. She completed her PhD in brain thought and behavior at Pierre & Marie Curie university, in Paris.
She is trained in CBT, Schema therapy and in Mindfulness based cognitive therapy at the Mindfulness Oxford Center, UK. Dr. El-Khoury also a trainer in CBT at the Lebanese Association of CBT, ALTCC.
Along with her private practice and teachings, she provides psychological support to marginalized populations in NGO settings.
- Apazoglou K, Farley S, Gorgievski V, Belzeaux R, Lopez JP, Grenier J, Ibrahim EC, El Khoury MA, Tse Y, MongredienR, Barbé A, de Macedo CE, Jaworski W, Bochereau A, Orrico A, Isingrini E, Guinaudie C, Mikasova L, Louis F, Gautron S, Groc L, Massaad C, Yildirim F, Vialou V, Dumas S, Marti F, Mechawar N, Morice E, Wong TP, Caboche J, Turecki G, Giros B, Tzavara ET. (2018). Antidepressive effects of targeting Elk-1 signal transduction. Nature Medecine.
- El-Khoury, MA., Gorgievski, V., Giros, B., & Tzavara, E. (2012). Interaction beteeen the cannabinoid and domaminergic sytems : Evidence from animal studies. Prog Neuropsychopharmacological and Biologic Psychiatry.
- Mathieu, F., Miot, S., Etain, B., El-Khoury, MA., Chevalier, F., Bellivier, F., et al. (2008). Association between the PPP3CC gene, coding for the calcineurin gamma catalytic subunit, and bipolar disorder. Behavioral Brain Function.
- Moutsimili, L., Farley, S., El-Khoury, MA., Chamot, C., Sibarita, J., Racine, V., et al. (2008). Antypsychotics increase vesicular glutamate transporter 2 (VGLUT2) expression in thalamolimbic pathways . Neuropharmacology.
- Tzavara, E., Wade, M., Davis, R., El-Khoury, MA., & Nomikos, G. (2008). Role of metabotropic gulatamate receptor 5 in the procholinergic effects of neuropsychotherapeutic compounds. Synapse.
- BS in Biology, St. Joseph University, Beirut
- BA in Psychology, Lebanese University
- “Maîtrise” in Physiology, St. Joseph university Beirut
- Master in Biochemistry, Holy Spirit University, Kaslik
- Master in Clinical Psychology Lebanese University
- PhD in Brain, Cognition and Behavior, Pierre et Marie curie, Paris VI