Associate Professor of Computer Science
Dr. Ramzi A. Haraty is an associate professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics. He is the vice chairperson of the Arab Computer Society and the secretary of the Syndicate of Computer Sciences in Lebanon. He is also a program evaluator for CSAB/ABET. He received his BS and MS degrees in Computer Science from Minnesota State University - Mankato, Minnesota, and his PhD in Computer Science from North Dakota State University - Fargo, North Dakota.
His hobbies include spending time with his two kids and playing games with them.
His research interests include database management systems, artificial intelligence, and multilevel secure systems engineering. He has well over 150 books, book chapters, journal and conference paper publications. He supervised over 110 dissertations, theses and capstone projects.
Dr. Haraty is a member of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM), ACM SIGAPP, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, the International Society for Computers and their Applications, and Syndicate of Computer Sciences in Lebanon.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Rita Saba. Information Reconciliation through an Agent-controlled Graph Model. Soft Computing. Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s00500-020-04779-x. March 2020.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Georges Bitar. Associating Learning Technology to Sustain the Environment through Green Mobile Applications. Heliyon. Volume 5, Issue 1, (2019) e01141. DOI: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2019. 01141.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Rouba Nasrallah. Indexing Arabic Texts using Association Rule Data Mining. Library Hi Tech. https://doi.org/10.1108/LHT-07-2017-0147, Volume 37, Issue 1, 2019.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Gongzhu Hu. Software Process Models: A Review and Analysis. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 7, Number, 2.29, pp. 325-331, DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i2.29.13206, 2018.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Sanaa Kaddoura and Ahmed Zekri. Recovery of Business Intelligence Systems: Towards Guaranteed Continuity of Patient Centric Healthcare Systems through a Matrix-Based Recovery Approach. Journal of Telematics and Informatics. Volume 35, Issue 4, pages 801-814, July 2018.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Nashat Mansour and Hratch Zeitunlian. Metaheuristic Algorithm for State-Based Software Testing. Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 32, Issue 2, pp. 197-213. DOI: 10.1080/08839514.2018.1451222. April 2018.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Sanaa Kaddoura and Ahmed Zekri. Transaction Dependency Based Approach for Database Damage Assessment Using a Matrix. International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, Volume 13, Issue 2, pp. 74-86, April-June 2017.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Mohamad El Saie. Information Warfare: A Lightweight Matrix Based Approach for Database Recovery. Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems. DOI: 10.1007/s10115-016-0940-1, Volume 50, Issue 1, pp. 287-313. January 2017.
*View Dr. Haraty’s full list of publications.
- PhD in computer science, North Dakota State University - Fargo, US.
- MS in computer science, Minnesota State University - Mankato, US.
- BS in computer science, Minnesota State University - Mankato, US.