Dean of Students
Dr. Raed Mohsen has been an associate professor of Communication Arts since 1996, and the dean of students at LAU’s Beirut campus since October 2010. He previously served as chairperson of the Department of Communication Arts and was elected and served as a faculty representative for six terms.
Dr. Mohsen taught for seven years in the Department of Communication Arts at Gallaudet University, Washington DC. He specializes in human communication. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Learning Center for the Deaf. He is a co-founder and an honorary member of the Lebanese Association for Mediation and Conciliation.
He has his clinical social work practice, counseling adolescents, couples, and families. He had a tri-weekly TV morning segment, addressing social, marital, and familial issues. As a communication consultant, he presents workshops and training seminars on conflict management and resolution, team building, presentation skills, and parenting skills.
- Kobeissi, L., Abou Saad, M., Doumit, M., Mohsen, R.A., Salem, Z., & Tfayli, A. (2014). Face Validity of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Breast Symptom Index (FACT- B) into Formal Arabic. Middle East Journal of Cancer. 5 (3), 151-165
- Mohsen, R.A. and Haraty, N. (2002, summer). A Taste of the Real Thing: Public Speaking Activity for Deaf Students. Communication and Theater Association of Minnesota Journal. 29, 63-69
- Mohsen, R.A. (1993, summer). Out on Campus: A Challenging Public Speaking Experience. The Speech Communication Teacher. 7 (4), 10-11
- Mohsen, R.A. (1993). Communicating Likes and Dislikes during the Intimate Encounters of Married Couples. Florida Communication Journal. 21 (2), 42-53
- Mohsen, R.A. (1993, fall). Petitioning Governments for Redress of Grievances: A Communication Approach to Terrorism. Speech and Theatre Association of Missouri Journal. 23, 50-63
- Mohsen, R.A. (1993). Communication Issues in Deaf / Hearing Intimate Relationships: Toward a Better Future. A Deaf American Monograph. 43, 99-102
- Mohsen, R.A. (1991, fall). Cultural Considerations in Evaluating Classroom Performances. Journal of the Oklahoma Speech Theatre Communication Association. 13, (13), 14-23
- Ph.D. in Interpersonal and Public Communication, Bowling Green State University, 1987
- M.A. in Political Science (Public Administration), Bowling Green State University, 1984
- Master’s of Social Work, Gallaudet University, 1996
- B.A. in Interpersonal and Public Communication, Bowling Green State University, 1983