Assistant Professor of Psychology
Dr. Sahar Obeïd is an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Social and Education Sciences at LAU.
Fascinated by clinical psychology in its research, teaching and clinical facets, she obtained her PhD in Clinical Psychology from the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik. Dr. Obeïd is a clinical psychologist and cognitive behavioral therapist since 2009.
Also fascinated by research, she has 148 international peer-reviewed published articles so far and had multiple conference papers both as abstracts and oral presentations in local and international conferences.
Dr. Obeïd’s research interests include mental health and wellbeing (mood disorders, substance use disorders, psychosis, etc.). In addition, development and validation of patient-reported measures of symptoms, function, and quality of life; integration of patient-reported measures into clinical practice, decision making, and assessment of treatment outcomes.
- Elise Maalouf, Souheil Hallit, Sahar Obeïd. Personality traits and quality of life among Lebanese medical students: any mediating effect of emotional intelligence? A path analysis approach. BMC Psychology. February 2022. Available from: https://bmcpsychology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40359-022-00739-2
- Yara El Frenn, Marwan Akel, Souheil Hallit, Sahar Obeïd. Couple’s Satisfaction among Lebanese adults: validation of the Toronto Alexithymia Scale and Couple Satisfaction Index-4 scales, association with attachment styles and mediating role of alexithymia. BMC Psychology. January 2022. Available from: https://bmcpsychology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40359-022-00719-6
- Radoslaw Rogoza, Mariam Mhanna, Sarah Gerges, Lorenzo Donini, Sahar Obeïd, Souheil Hallit. Validation of the Arabic version of the ORTO-R among a sample of Lebanese young adults. Eating and Weight Disorders. December 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35092001/
- Michel Sfeir, Marwan Akel, Souheil Hallit, Sahar Obeïd. Factors associated with General well-being among Lebanese adults: The role of emotional intelligence, fear of COVID, healthy lifestyle, coping strategies (avoidance and approach). Current Psychology. November 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35018085/
- Emmanuelle Awad, Pascale Salameh, Hala Sacre, Diana Malaeb, Souheil Hallit, Sahar Obeïd. Association between impulsivity and orthorexia nervosa/healthy orthorexia: any mediating effect of depression, anxiety, and stress? BMC Psychiatry. November 2021. Available from: https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s12888-021-03594-4.pdf
- Yorgo Younes, Souheil Hallit, Sahar Obeïd. Premenstrual dysphoric disorder and childhood maltreatment, adulthood stressful life events and depression among Lebanese university students: a structural equation modeling approach. BMC Psychiatry. October 2021. Available from: https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12888-021-03567-7
- Clara Rahme, Rabih Hallit, Marwan Akel, Clarissa Chalhoub, Maria Hachem, Souheil Hallit, Sahar Obeïd. Nomophobia and temperaments in Lebanon: Results of a national study. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. October 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34741546/
- Emmanuelle Awad, Rabih Hallit, Chadia Haddad, Marwan Akel, Sahar Obeïd, Souheil Hallit. Is problematic social media use associated with higher addictions (alcohol, smoking and waterpipe) among Lebanese adults? Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. October 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34716597/
- Diana Malaeb, Dora Bianchi, Sara Pompili, Jana Berro, Fiorenzo Laghi, Vanessa Azzi, Marwan Akel, Sahar Obeïd, Souheil Hallit. Drunkorexia behaviors and motives, eating attitudes and mental health in Lebanese alcohol drinkers: A path analysis model. Eating and Weight Disorders. October 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34713408/
- Kassandra Fares, Chadia Haddad, Diana Malaeb, Hala Sacre, Marwan Akel, Pascale Salameh, Sahar Obeïd, Souheil Hallit. Social anxiety and its correlates among Lebanese adults: Role of self-esteem, depression, alcohol use disorder, alexithymia, and work fatigue. The Primary Care Companion for CNS Disorders. October 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35026875
- Sahar Obeïd, Gloria Al Karaki, Chadia Haddad, Hala Sacre, Michel Soufia, Rabih Hallit, Pascale Salameh, Souheil Hallit. Association between parental divorce and mental health outcomes among Lebanese adolescents: results of a national study. BMC Pediatrics. September 2021. Available from: https://bmcpediatr.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12887-021-02926-3
- Zeinab Bitar, Chadia Haddad, Sahar Obeïd, Souheil Hallit. Treatment satisfaction and its association with anxiety, depression and fear of COVID-19 among Lebanese inpatients with schizophrenia. Pharmacy Practice. September 2021. Available from: https://www.pharmacypractice.org/index.php/pp/article/view/2364
- Souheil Hallit, Anna Brytek-Matera, Sahar Obeïd. Orthorexia nervosa and disordered eating attitudes among Lebanese adults: Assessing psychometric proprieties of the ORTO-R in a population-based sample. PLOS ONE. August 2021. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34437545/
- Joanne Zeidan, Souheil Hallit, Marwan Akel, Ismail Louragli, Sahar Obeïd. Problematic smartphone use and affective temperaments among Lebanese young adults: scale validation and mediating role of self- esteem. BMC Psychology. August 2021. Available from: https://bmcpsychology.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s40359-021-00638-y.pdf
- Souheil Hallit, Juan Ramón Barrada, Pascale Salameh, Hala Sacre, María Roncero, Sahar Obeïd. The relation of orthorexia with lifestyle habits: Arabic versions of the Eating Habits Questionnaire and the Dusseldorf Orthorexia Scale. Journal of Eating Disorders. August 2021. Available from: https://www.sciencegate.app/source/199846
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon
- Master in Clinical Psychology, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon
- BS in Psychology, Lebanese University, Lebanon