Senior Instructor of English/Applied Linguistics
Therese Nasrallah is a senior instructor of English/Applied Linguistics. She holds a BA in Literature and an MA in English /Applied Linguistics from Mankato State University, US, and has been teaching academic English at LAU since 1988.
Nasrallah has served on several university and school councils at LAU such as the Library Council, Admissions Council, College Life Council, and the School Advisory Council.
She has participated in several workshops sponsored by the British Council and universities in the UK and the US on communication skills and teaching English at the university level.
Her areas of interests are to redefine the role of the Department of English instruction in furthering students’ academic and professional language skills, and to offer assistance in developing students’ abilities to be successful in their university studies.
- Helping the Municipal Council in Ferzol, Bekaa Valley in organizing a series of lectures on raising awareness of social issues
- Giving workshops and helping to organize programs on teaching of pre-university English.
Developing teaching/learning materials (unpublished) for:
- Writing research papers
- Writing critiques and argumentation
- Speaking and listening skills
- BA in Literature, Mankato State University, US
- MA in English/Applied Linguistics, Mankato State University, US