BA in Performing Arts Mission, Objectives and Learning Outcomes
The mission of the BA degree in Performing Arts is to generate, through a liberal arts education, students with extensive cultural, artistic, and technical proficiency and versatility to successfully pursue higher learning and a profession in a challenging world. Students will discover and develop their skills through an intense, integrated performing arts and academic program that enhances creative and critical inquiry. The degree enables students to be life-long learners, innovative artists, and creative and critical thinkers. Students receive a holistic approach to learning that emphasizes artistic excellence, interdisciplinary learning, socially engaged performance, and a spirit of collaboration.
Graduates shall be able to:
- PO1: Demonstrate conceptual knowledge appropriate for continuing their graduate education.
- PO2: Cultivate artistic discipline along with creative and basic performing arts skills needed to enter careers in the field.
- PO3: Develop the creative process of the ever changing contemporary arts landscape.
Students will be able to:
- SLO1: Demonstrate the ability to research, create and produce performances for the stage.
- SLO2: Exhibit aesthetic awareness related to performing arts production.
- SLO3: Demonstrate the ability to work on productions in different media and technologies individually and as part of a creative team.
- SLO4: Develop critical thinking competencies in relation to the performing arts and express it in writing.
- SLO5: Demonstrate familiarity with key concepts and historical contexts related to the performing arts field.
- SLO6: Apply technology in creative and communicative ways.