BA in Television and Film Mission, Objectives and Learning Outcomes
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Television and Film offers a liberal arts curriculum that prepares students to become creative, skilled, knowledgeable, and ethical communicators ready for careers in both traditional and emerging media, with particular focus on the Arab region. The degree offers students the skills and technical know-how to write, produce, direct and edit for television and film in a wide range of cultural contexts and enables them to be life-long learners, scholars, and critical thinkers who possess innovative and resilient capacities to adapt, succeed, and lead in an ever-changing and diverse global environment.
Graduates shall be able to:
- PO1: Exhibit an appreciation of the creative, artistic, and theoretical aspects of television and film, and an understanding of the cultural, economic, and political contexts that affect media production processes in the Arab region and globally.
- PO2: Exhibit technical and skill-based competence with a wide range of convergent communication technologies of the 21st century
- PO3: Demonstrate the required research and analytical skills that enable them to pursue future scholarly work and graduate studies
- PO4: Create innovative, ethical, and civically engaged content to communicate with diverse audiences in an increasingly multicultural and global environment.
Students will be able to:
- SLO1: Apply effective communication, collaboration and team-building methods
- SLO2: Analyze and discuss key concepts and theories in television and film.
- SLO3: Comprehend the historical, formal, and artistic development of international motion picture production and Arab film and television.
- SLO4: Demonstrate an understanding of the functions and roles of a production environment.
- SLO5: Adapt to trends and technological developments in the field.
- SLO6: Conduct research using quantitative and qualitative methods of scientific inquiry.
- SLO7: Produce artistic and original work that reflects a variety of voices, ideas, and traditions through team work.
- SLO8: Apply legal and ethical international standards in producing content.