BA in Translation Mission, Objectives, and Learning Outcomes
The BA in Translation program aims to graduate ethical and competent translators who demonstrate integrity and professionalism in translation; understand similarities and differences in self-expression among writers of English and Arabic; and apply diverse styles of communication suitable for each job market.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The BA in Translation program will:
- 1. provide students with a good command of translation theories and methodologies.
- 2. graduate ethical and professionals translators capable of translating different cultural, economic, legal, and technical genres of texts.
- 3.equip students with research and critical thinking skills who produce accurate research-based translations that address textual demands.
- 4. graduate students who are ready to pursue postgraduate studies and/or assume translation jobs in reputable institutions or organizations.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Graduates of this program will be able to do the following:
- SO1. Compare translation theories and methodologies.
- SO2. Generate ethical and professional translations of different cultural, economic, legal, and technical genres of texts.
- SO3. Apply technological tools to facilitate translation.
- SO4. Determine the author’s voice, style, and culture in the target text.
- SO5. Apply ethical and professional translation strategies in real life settings.