Minor in Mathematics
What Will I Learn?
Our program will provide you with a strong background in the skills of logic, reasoning, and critical thinking.
More precisely the objectives are to:
- Cover basic topics of a major in mathematics and supplements with elective courses from various mathematical fields.
- Provide courses designed for students who plan to pursue a graduate degree in mathematics or a graduate degree in Education with an emphasis in Math.
A Minor in Mathematics will allow you to:
- Exhibit an understanding of the nature of mathematics
- Reason with abstract concepts
- Follow and develop complex mathematical
The Minor in Mathematics provides you with advanced analytical and logical reasoning kills. Our program gives you an advantage/edge in many disciplines where quantitative aspects are important and where mathematics plays an important role such as computer science, engineering, and economics.
The following courses totaling 18 credits are recommended for a Minor in Mathematics.
Core Courses (9 credits)
|MTH207||Discrete Structures I||3|
|MTH311 or MTH401||Abstract Algebra or Introduction to Real Analysis||3|
Elective Courses (9 credits)
You should successfully complete three courses from the list of electives below:
|MTH305||Probability and Statistics||3|
|MTH306||Non-linear Dynamics & Chaos||3|
|MTH307||Discrete Structures II||3|
|MTH401||Introduction to Real Analysis||3|
|MTH409||Introduction to Topology||3|
|MTH498||Topics in Mathematics||3|