As part of Festival NEXT 2020 and the 50th anniversary of the Department of Communication Arts at the Lebanese American University (LAU), the department invites all university students in Lebanon to submit to our annual Festival NEXT Research Competition.
2020 Research Theme: The research should focus on media, communication, and protests, broadly conceived, and can tackle any issue related to traditional or new media, interpersonal or mass communication, or media uses or coverage, in relation to protests in Lebanon or other places around the world.
Conditions and Eligibility
1. The applicant must be a current undergraduate student or recent graduate (received BA/BS in the past 5 years) from any university and from any major.
2. All types of scientific research (quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods) are welcome, including research conducted as part of a course, capstone or senior project.
3. The submission should follow APA style and must include the main components of a research article (Cover page, Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology/Approach, Results, Discussion/Conclusion, and References).
4. The research article should not exceed 6,000 words.
5. Up to 12 finalists will present their research to a jury of journalism faculty during Festival NEXT 2020 (March 28-April 3).
6. Winners will be announced during the closing ceremony of Festival Next (Friday April 3, 2020).
7. The top 3 finalists will receive scholarships (100%, 70%, and 50%) for the MA in Multimedia Journalism program at LAU.
Deadline to submit your research is Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Send your research to email@example.com