Teacher Training Institute
The Teacher Training Institute aims to meet the unique curriculum and reform needs of schools throughout the country. Today’s teachers are expected to play a variety of roles in the classroom: educators, motivators, guide, counselors, coaches and disciplinarians. In addition, teachers must continually educate themselves, learning about new advances in education, new technologies and new ways to encourage their students to reach their full potential. The Institute meets the above demands by offering three types of training:
- Training new teachers for the different levels and disciplines.
- Updating in-service teachers.
- Preparing teachers to work as part of a team in applying effective interdisciplinary curricula.
- Updating teachers in the subject matter area of their specialization.
- Training teachers to integrate current trends into the educational reality in its multiple magnitude.
It specifically includes:
- Character and Citizenship Education.
- Environment and Health Education
- Conflict Resolution, Classroom Management and Global Education