Movement and Safety: The IMS Webinar Series
Launched in December 2021, the Institute for Migration Studies’ “Movement and Safety” Webinar Series is designed to serve as a space that opens the floor for debates across the Migration and Forced Migration discourses. The series will encompass four webinars per year, after which proceedings will be developed to document findings and inputs. The IMS Webinar Series looks to partner with likeminded institutions, academic research centers and programs, international and local NGOs, UN Agencies and Embassies to explore different thematic areas through conversations with experts, practitioners and scholars from the field.
The “Movement and Safety” Webinar Series looks to explore the following thematic areas:
- Diaspora-Homeland Relations, Remittances and Humanitarian Diaspora Studies
- International Migration and Refugee Law
- Refugee and Displacement Studies
- Migrant Domestic Workers, Labor Migration and the KAFALA System
- Gender Diversity, Inclusion and Minorities within the Migration space
- Refugee, IDP and Migrant Health
- Humanitarian Settings, Peace and Conflict
- Migration and Asylum Local Policy
- Statelessness, Citizenship, Identity and Transnationalism
- Environmental Migration and Climate Refugees
To propose a joint webinar, or express interest in partnering with the IMS on one of the aforementioned areas, please reach out to the Institute’s Director at email@example.com and its Webinar Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.